Skip to main content

Slip-and-Fall Accidents

Holding Property Owners Responsible for Injuries

Property owners are required to take reasonable steps to correct dangerous conditions that they know about or should know about. If you were injured due to such a condition, you have the right to pursue fair and full compensation.

At the Law Office of Stephen J. Dennis, we can help you bring your claim forward. We have been standing up to insurance companies on behalf of injured people for more than 20 years. From our office in Providence, our lawyers serve clients throughout Rhode Island.

What Is Premises Liability?

Premises liability is the legal term for a cause of action based on unsafe property conditions. This is a type of personal injury action.

Accidents and injuries caused by these unsafe conditions can include:

  • Slip-and-Falls From Icy Sidewalks, Slippery Floors, or Defective Steps
  • Dog Bites or Other Animal Attacks
  • Negligent Security in an Apartment Building That Leads to an Assault
  • And more…

The key point to remember is that property owners must keep their property in a reasonably safe condition. The same principle applies to managers who take care of property on behalf of any owner.

How Our Firm Builds Your Case

After an injury occurs, property owners may try to avoid responsibility by saying they didn’t know about the problem. Or, if the problem was known, they may say they didn’t have enough time to respond to it.

We carefully build a case for you to show how much the property owner did know. This does not only mean investigating the facts thoroughly and marshaling them on your behalf. It also means finding out how much insurance coverage may be available from a particular property owner.

For example, homeowners insurance is often available in cases of dog bite claims, as well as cat or other animal bites.

Free Consultation Available

We know you may be uncertain about your options. That is one reason why we offer a free consultation with an attorney. Contact us online or call 401-453-1355 to discuss your specific case.